How would you handle source blocks that generate many figures? In iPython, for example this happens pretty easily. I guess you are thinking about blocks with a :file output or something though? Once a preview was on it, would you have to C-c C-x C-v to toggle it off to edit it? I have explored a few different approaches with latex fragments, like clicking on it would turn the preview off, or entering it to turn it off. What would trigger putting the image preview on? Running C-c C-c on a block? something more manual? I guess you have a use case where this makes sense, but you can already see an image preview on a link output, and there are ways to have the source blocks be in other places in a document than where the results are. Maybe for some src blocks like graphiz, or gnuplot where they more or less only produce one graphic this idea could be a good one. John ----------------------------------- Professor John Kitchin Doherty Hall A207F Department of Chemical Engineering Carnegie Mellon University Pittsburgh, PA 15213 412-268-7803 @johnkitchin http://kitchingroup.cheme.cmu.edu On Sun, Jan 26, 2020 at 3:11 AM Matt Huszagh wrote: > Hi, > > I'm considering adding the ability to display an image preview overlay of > source blocks that generate an image file, much in the same way that > latex fragments can be previewed. > > Is anyone else interested in this feature? Any general thoughts/feature > requests? > > Matt > >