On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:50 PM, William Henney wrote: > > The template is not strictly necessary - you can just add the required > lines by hand to your C source file. > I think that orgtbl-to-generic should be able to do what you want out of > the box. Maybe the attached example (orgtbl-test.c) might help you. The > idea is that you edit the org table at the top, then "C-u C-u C-c C-c" will > update all the formulae in the table and install the results in your C > source code at the bottom. This is not quite what you originally asked > for, since you have two copies of the data in the file and you have to > remember to only edit the version in the org table. But it is pretty > close. > > Cheers > > Will > > Thanks Will. Ive converted your code to python (attached). I find it works in org 8 but not in 6.33 -- the default for emacs on debian. Is it easy to make it work for earlier org also?? Reason: This question was asked on the python list: thread starting http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2013-July/653164.html And so it would be good to have an example that works mostly out of the box