Nice! That looks like exactly what I wanted. Not sure how I missed that in my apropos search. I think I may have only searched for `headline` or something. On Wed, Nov 13, 2019 at 7:08 AM Mikhail Skorzhinskii wrote: > I am not sure if this is exactly what you're asking, but for programatic > heading edits I am using this snippet: > > (let ((headline-only-text (org-get-heading t t t t))) > (org-edit-headline (concat "Web-page: " headline-only-text))) > > Probably the better way is to use org element API, but for small, rarely > executed personal helpers I think this is OK. > > *I'm Wondering If There's Builtin Support For Editing Components Of The > Heading? I'm Trying To Set The Text Component (I.E. `(Nth 4 > (Org-Heading-Components))`) Without Altering Anything Else And While I Can > Obviously Achieve This With Generic Elisp I Wanted To Be Sure I Had To.*I'm > wondering if there's builtin support for editing components of the heading? > I'm trying to set the text component (i.e. `(nth 4 > (org-heading-components))`) without altering anything else and while I can > obviously achieve this with generic elisp I wanted to be sure I had to. > > The cleanest elisp I came up with was: > > ``` > (save-excursion > (org-back-to-heading t) > (let (case-fold-search) > (looking-at org-complex-heading-regexp) > (replace-match text t t nil 4) > (org-align-tags))) > > ``` > > -- > > In Christ, > > Timmy V. > > https://blog.twonegatives.com > https://five.sentenc.es > >