Thank you! It worked again after a "make up2". BR / Johan On Wed, Apr 24, 2013 at 9:39 AM, Bastien wrote: > Hi Johan, > > Johan Ekh writes: > > > Marc: I use git for installation and I don't think I have any old > > files in my load path. I have the files in my home directory but the > > compiled files are installed in the system emacs/site-lisp. > > The compiled files *are* in your load-path, because Emacs loads them > when you launch it. This is in /usr/.../emacs/lisp/loaddefs.el, which > contains pointers to the autoloaded functions. Some Org's functions > are autoloaded by Emacs, and these are functions from an older version > than the one you installed manually. > > > Victor: Good, but please help a newbie. How do I apply this patch? > > You don't need to install this particular patch, you just need to > updated your Git installation. > > ~$ cd org-mode/ [change with the relevant path] > ~$ git pull > ~$ make > > This pull latest master branch and compile Org. > > Or you can do: > > ~$ cd org-mode/ [change with the relevant path] > ~$ make update > > > Finally, I noticed that adding a new heading works with Ctrl-RET. But > > I still want M-RET to work! > > Please follow the instructions above and report any problem you may > have afterwards. > > HTH, > > -- > Bastien >