* wolfram's computable document format
@ 2011-07-21 21:41 David O'Toole
From: David O'Toole @ 2011-07-21 21:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

http://www.wolfram.com/cdf/

Looks nice, and could be very interesting to orgmoders.

* Re: wolfram's computable document format
@ 2011-07-22  4:42 ` Scott Randby
From: Scott Randby @ 2011-07-22  4:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 07/21/2011 05:41 PM, David O'Toole wrote:
> http://www.wolfram.com/cdf/
>
> Looks nice, and could be very interesting to orgmoders.

Mathematica is required to make a CDF document and the required reader
is at least 100 MB in size. I think Sage is a superior alternative.

Scott Randby

* Re: wolfram's computable document format
@ 2011-07-28 16:35   ` John Hendy
From: John Hendy @ 2011-07-28 16:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Scott Randby; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Jul 21, 2011 at 11:42 PM, Scott Randby <srandby@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/21/2011 05:41 PM, David O'Toole wrote:
>> http://www.wolfram.com/cdf/
>>
>> Looks nice, and could be very interesting to orgmoders.
>>

> Mathematica is required to make a CDF document and the required reader
> is at least 100 MB in size. I think Sage is a superior alternative.

I'm all for this... but can Sage do what CDF is doing? Or publish to CDF?

In other words, is Sage really an "alternative" in this instance if
it's not actually providing the same feature set?

John