On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 8:35 AM, Sebastien Vauban wrote: > Hi Andras, > > Andras Major wrote: > >> Andras Major wrote: > >>> I'm really intrigued by org-mode's table and spreadsheet functionality > and > >>> would like to use it for those cases where I found excel and gnumeric > >>> impractically cumbersome. > >>> > >>> What I want are two slightly diffent things: > >>> > >>> - Make tables that have cells with individual background colours when > >>> exported as HTML or PDF. > >>> > >>> - Make tables that have cells with background colours and typeface > details > >>> (bold, italic, etc.) based on contents of either the cells themselves > or > >>> other cells in the table. (Example: mark all negative numerical > values > >>> of a table with a red background.) > >>> > >>> Furthermore, the colouring should be portable, i.e. independent of the > >>> settings in .emacs. > >> > >> I add wishes on the above list. Maybe someone will be able to implement > >> them, if they seem to make sense... So, here's my idea: having some > >> automagic style (background) applied on the cells to distinguish: > >> > >> - the input cells (the ones you cannot delete... without troubles): they > >> don't have any formula associated with them > >> > >> - the final result cells: the ones with computed results > >> > >> - the other ones, whose content is computed, but serves as input to > other > >> cells. > >> > >> Would these be in different colors, I think it would make the reading of > >> tables much more efficient. And, as far as I know, this does not exist > yet > >> in tools like Excel -- though people can manually apply such color > >> conventions. > > > > I was thinking along slightly different lines. We have a customizable > > > tag in HTML export already, but that customization isn't very flexible. > If > > we could have something like a tag that can be set from values in > the > > table, or by Lisp code, then I think that would solve my problems. > > My above feature of the wishlist isn't for export -- I misread your > original > post. Just speaking of editing feature in the Org buffer, for giving more > insight on formulas in tables. > I think that would be very useful feature to be included - I trashed a few times already (fairly simple) tables because of modifying formula cells.... Cheers, Rainer > These "color features" weren't intended IMHO for export. So the 2 > "problems" > are in fact apart from each other. > > > It's important, however, that setting the export tag must be local to the > > Org file so I can set it there instead of the global .emacs. > > Best regards, > Seb > > -- > Sebastien Vauban > > > -- Rainer M. Krug, PhD (Conservation Ecology, SUN), MSc (Conservation Biology, UCT), Dipl. Phys. (Germany) Centre of Excellence for Invasion Biology Stellenbosch University South Africa Tel : +33 - (0)9 53 10 27 44 Cell: +33 - (0)6 85 62 59 98 Fax (F): +33 - (0)9 58 10 27 44 Fax (D): +49 - (0)3 21 21 25 22 44 email: Rainer@krugs.de Skype: RMkrug