Hi, I think it's a noble effort to popularize org-mode and to make it easier to use. And I learned today about mixed-pitch :) However, a lot of visual configuration depends on fonts, colors, and other things which may vary a lot between users. While most of us by now probably use a graphical version of Emacs, any such default settings should be done with care for users who still use Emacs on a pure-text interface. Making some default prettification as part of Spacemacs's org-mode layer would be nice, since it includes a lot of customization and eye candy already. In case it's of use or for reference, I wrote a "Beautifying org-mode" blog post some time ago: https://zzamboni.org/post/beautifying-org-mode-in-emacs/ (the corresponding section of my config file is here: https://github.com/zzamboni/dot-emacs/blob/master/init.org#beautifying-org-mode ) All the best, --Diego On Fri, Jan 31, 2020 at 10:35 AM Texas Cyberthal wrote: > I aim to popularize Spacemacs as a personal info manager. Next task is > the Org configuration layer. > > As preparation, I wrote a post critiquing Org's out-of-the-box > legibility. I believe a default configuration should cater to > beginners, since they're least likely to know how to customize. On the > other hand, maybe a package should set defaults to the median user and > leave beginner intake to distributions. > > Along the way, I discovered mixed-pitch, which fixed most of my > complaint. It's quite obscure. I'd like to include it in Spacemacs' > Org layer. > > I'm sharing my thoughts to see whether I'm missing anything else. > > https://cyberthal-ghost.nfshost.com/configuring-org-for-readable-prose-is-too-complicated/ > >