From: Diego Zamboni <diego@zzamboni.org>
To: Texas Cyberthal <texas.cyberthal@gmail.com>
Cc: "emacs-orgmode@gnu.org" <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: customizing Org for legibility
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2020 14:19:51 +0100	[thread overview]

I think it's a noble effort to popularize org-mode and to make it easier to
use. And I learned today about mixed-pitch :)

However, a lot of visual configuration depends on fonts, colors, and other
things which may vary a lot between users. While most of us by now probably
use a graphical version of Emacs, any such default settings should be done
with care for users who still use Emacs on a pure-text interface.

Making some default prettification as part of Spacemacs's org-mode layer
would be nice, since it includes a lot of customization and eye candy
already.

In case it's of use or for reference, I wrote a "Beautifying org-mode" blog
post some time ago: https://zzamboni.org/post/beautifying-org-mode-in-emacs/

(the corresponding section of my config file is here:
https://github.com/zzamboni/dot-emacs/blob/master/init.org#beautifying-org-mode
)

All the best,
--Diego