Hi TRS-80, Note that according to https://man.sr.ht/markdown/#post-processing, Sourcehut uses CommonMark, not plain Markdown, so I guess that's why it doesn't allow all HTML tags. (note: Markdown allows embedded HTML, so ox-md's behavior is not incorrect) There seems to be no ox-commonmark (that I could find) but pandoc does support it, so you could probably use ox-pandoc ( https://github.com/kawabata/ox-pandoc) to export your documents in CommonMark format. --Diego On Wed, Dec 2, 2020 at 7:54 PM TRS-80 wrote: > Hallo, > > I became quite interested in what Drew Devault was doing with his > Sourcehut project, so I decided to join. I was really enjoying > everything except for the fact that .org files are not supported insofar > as automatic rendering into nice looking HTML in the same way that > Markdown files are for the README at the root of the project. And the > official word is that only Markdown is to be supported.[0] > > So I start digging into this, my first try was to use > org-md-export-to-markdown function to generate the supported Markdown. > However, doing it that way broke all inter-page links (to headings, > footnotes, etc.). > > Some further digging revealed that the ox-md exporter (which itself is > derived from the HTML exporter(?) makes extensive use of the id > attribute in links. And Sourcehut's HTML sanitizer only allows href and > title attributes (not id).[1] > > For example, here are the sort of links that the ox-md exporter create: > > ToC: > > ``` > 1. [rofi-in-elisp](#orgdbf2274) > ``` > > Body: > > ``` > > > # rofi-in-elisp > ``` > > Above was copied straight from Eli Schwartz reply to me in my post to > Sourcehut mailing list about this[0] (although I had already noticed the > same thing as well). > > I tend to agree with him that this is not following the Markdown spec, > where links should instead become simply: > > ToC: > > ``` > 1. [rofi-in-elisp](#rofi-in-elisp) > ``` > > And if so, then the Right Thing to do would be to fix that in the ox-md > exporter? > > However OTOH, I can't help but venture a guess that there must have been > some reason to do it that way in the first place. > > So before I invest any more time going down this path, I thought I would > take a step back and seek some advice whether this is actually the > correct path or not? > > Cheers, > TRS-80 > > [0] > > https://lists.sr.ht/~sircmpwn/sr.ht-discuss/%3Cfe7aa296-9c90-463d-b4e6-50eeb7e57428%40localhost%3E > [1] https://man.sr.ht/markdown/#post-processing > >