Juan Manuel, YMMV depending on your needs and habits, but another workaround for this problem would be to use visual-line-mode instead of filling paragraphs. --Diego On Sun, Feb 21, 2021 at 8:34 PM Juan Manuel MacĂ­as wrote: > Kyle Meyer writes: > > > It seems that your approach would do a good job of helping you catch > > cases that you don't want to be treated as lists. I'm not aware of any > > related functionality in Org, so I don't think you're missing something > > there. > > > > Once you know that there is a particular spot that you want to prevent > > from being interpreted as a list, you could add a zero-width space in > > front of it: > > > > (info "(org)Escape Character") > > > > I'm not sure if that's the sort of solution you're asking for, though. > > Thanks for your advice, Kyle. Adding the U+200B char. works fine to > avoid false positives. Anyway, like Tim Cross says, that situation > maybe should be considered as a bug. I think the ideal behavior would > be for Org to consider a list only when there is a blank line above. > But, well thought out, I am afraid that it would not prevent false > positives, as one may want perfectly write a list at the beginning of > the document, or start a plain paragraph with (for example) a digit + a > period + a space... > > Best regards, > > Juan Manuel > >