I have seen differences in this behavior depending on the Emacs build. The emacs-mac port (https://github.com/railwaycat/homebrew-emacsmacport) seems to intercept certain Mac-specific keybindings such as C-space and C-M-space and gives them their "Mac meaning", e.g. to bring up Spotlight or the symbol chooser. I could never figure out how to disable this behavior. Now I use emacs-plus (https://github.com/d12frosted/homebrew-emacs-plus) and this no longer happens. --Diego On Wed, Mar 24, 2021 at 10:34 PM Tim Cross wrote: > > Uwe Brauer writes: > > > Hi > > > > Does anybody know how to achieve the traditional binding of > > C-space to set-mark-command on MacOS (for emacsformacos)? > > > > Shift arrow down works, but will not work for a lot of features in org > > mode. > > > > Have you verified c-space is not being used by the macOS UI as a > shortcut for something like spotlight search? > > I now use spacemacs, but when I used my own setup, I don't recall having > to do anything special to get this behaviour apart from disabling macOS > shortcuts. > > -- > Tim Cross > >