Thank you Christian, This is very helpful. I'll do some comparing of the standard way of doing links with the workaround I've stumbled into. Cheers, Dan On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 3:34 PM, Christian Moe wrote: > > Hi, > > > @This is a > > highlighted text@. But this is a > > regular text. > > > > doesn't work. That is, the resulting .odt file shows the text above with > > the @ symbols. Am I missing something? > > No, the manual is. My bad, sort of; I meant to fix it a week ago but > never got around to it. > > With the new exporter, the syntax is: > > @@odt:@@This is a highlighted > text@@odt:@@. But this is a regular text. > > The raw ODT is now wrapped in double @@'s, not preceded by a single @, > and you need to specify the backend after the leading @@'s. > > > It would be nice to know how I can get embedded odt tags to work as > > described in the manual. But what's more important, and may make the odt > > tag question moot, is to be able to mark places in the document as labels > > and page references. Even if I could get just the first part of that > going > > (marking certain places as labels or cross reference sources) then I'd be > > further along. > > You can do cross-references with ordinary links. Have a look at the > manual section 4.2, "Internal links". However, what you get out of the > box is textual references to e.g. section headings, not page > references. You can change that for each reference individually by > right-clicking on them in LibreOffice. There should be a way to get page > references by default, but off the cuff, I'm not sure how. > > Yours, > Christian > >