The #+TOC: headlines [n] local feature is really useful; I use it a lot. How easy would it be to do a macro to generate a similar table of contents for the subheadings of an arbitrary specified heading? That would be an alternative to transclusion , allowing re-use of text but with links instead of the actual text. For UX purposes this will sometimes be preferable to actual transclusion, e.g., with Angular.js. I'm not even a cargo-cult programmer in elisp and wouldn't have the level of skill to do this myself without spending a lot of time. EXAMPLE: In the Common Draft contract form file , I'd like to add a Model Confidentiality Agreement, a Model Software Development Agreement, a Model Consulting Services Agreement, etc. Each of these model agreements would include several TOC-style lists of clauses under various other headings, as shown in the following hypothetical file excerpt: * Model Confidentiality Agreement :PROPERTIES: :CUSTOM_ID: ConfAgrmt :END: ** Parties; Effective Date This Agreement is entered into as of November 27, 2015, between ABC Ltd. and XYZ Inc. ** Confidential Information # ============= The next line is the desired feature: Generate a TOC list (with links) of all subheadings in the specified heading ===================== #+TOC: headlines 1 local ConfInfoClauses ** Notices #+TOC: headlines 1 local NoticesClauses * Signatures AGREED: ABC Ltd, by: [Signature block] AGREED: XYZ Inc., by: [Signature block] * Confidential Information Clauses :PROPERTIES: :CUSTOM_ID: ConfInfoClauses :END: ** Confidential Information Definition :PROPERTIES: :CUSTOM_ID: ConfInfoDefn :END: [text of clause] ** Confidentiality Obligation :PROPERTIES: :CUSTOM_ID: ConfInfoOblig :END: [text of clause] * Notices Clauses :PROPERTIES: :CUSTOM_ID: NoticesClauses :END: ​** Notices Must Be in Writing :PROPERTIES: :CUSTOM_ID: NoticesWriting :END: ​ ​[text of clause] ** Notices by Email :PROPERTIES: :CUSTOM_ID: NoticesEmail :END: ​ ​[text of clause]​ ​I'd be happy to make a donation for this. ​ D. C. Toedt III *(My last name is pronounced "Tate")* Attorney & arbitrator -- tech contracts & IP Common Draft contract clauses & checklists, annotated O: +1 (713) 364-6545 C: +1 (713) 516-8968 ​​ dc@toedt.com @dctoedt www.OnContracts.com/About Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is not intended to serve as assent to an agreement or other document, even if attached to this message.