* Logos of BibTeX, etc.
@ 2024-10-09 12:08 Raghavendra Nyshadham
From: Raghavendra Nyshadham @ 2024-10-09 12:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

How do I get the logos of BibTeX, BibLaTeX, XeTeX, XeLaTeX, etc., when
I export an Org document to LaTeX?

At the moment, when I export an Org file with the content
----
LaTeX, BibTeX, BibLaTeX, XeTeX, and XeLaTeX are some associates of TeX.
----
using the command C-c C-e l p, I get the correct logos for LaTeX and
TeX, but BibTeX, BibLaTeX, XeTeX, and XeLaTeX are rendered as they
are, i.e., not as logos.

I am using the builtin Org mode version 9.6.6 in Emacs version 29.1 on
NixOS version 23.05.

Thank you.

Raghavendra.

* Re: Logos of BibTeX, etc.
@ 2024-10-09 15:21 ` Divya
From: Divya @ 2024-10-09 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: raghnysh

On 9 October 2024 12:08:26 GMT, Raghavendra Nyshadham <raghnysh@gmail.com> wrote:
>How do I get the logos of BibTeX, BibLaTeX, XeTeX, XeLaTeX, etc., when
>I export an Org document to LaTeX?
>
>At the moment, when I export an Org file with the content
>----
>LaTeX, BibTeX, BibLaTeX, XeTeX, and XeLaTeX are some associates of TeX.
>----
>using the command C-c C-e l p, I get the correct logos for LaTeX and
>TeX, but BibTeX, BibLaTeX, XeTeX, and XeLaTeX are rendered as they
>are, i.e., not as logos.
>
>I am using the builtin Org mode version 9.6.6 in Emacs version 29.1 on
>NixOS version 23.05.
>
>Thank you.
>
>Raghavendra.

Hello Raghavendra,

This is not an Org specific issue, it has to do with what LaTeX class you are using. If you try to render logos for the aforementioned Tex derivatives in vanilla LaTeX with the article/book class then you won't get them rendered.

For a discussion on this, see the following exchanges:

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/281333/how-do-i-get-a-bibtex-logo#281337

https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/11095/how-to-write-latex-with-parentheses-or-any-other-tex-related-logo

Regards,

Divya Ranjan,
Mathematics, Philosophy and Libre Software

* Re: Logos of BibTeX, etc.
@ 2024-10-09 20:22   ` Raghavendra Nyshadham
From: Raghavendra Nyshadham @ 2024-10-09 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Divya; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Divya,

Thanks for pointing that out. So the logos are correctly typeset with
these settings:
----
(add-to-list 'org-latex-packages-alist '("" "hologo" nil))

(defun my-latex-format-logos (text backend info)
  "Typeset \"BibTeX\", \"XeTeX\", etc., as logos in LaTeX export."
  (when (org-export-derived-backend-p backend 'latex)
    (dolist (name '("BibTeX" "LaTeX2e" "LaTeX3" "LuaLaTeX" "LuaTeX"
"XeLaTeX" "XeTeX") text)
      (setq text (string-replace name (format "\\hologo{%s}" name) text)))))

(add-to-list 'org-export-filter-plain-text-
functions #'my-latex-format-logos)
----

I didn't realise that there is no logo for biblatex; it is written
simply as biblatex in its manual.

Cheers,
Raghavendra.