On Mon, May 22, 2017, 1:58 AM Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Even though it is surprising, this is not an issue. The thing is macros > are expanded at the very beginning of the export process, even before > the document is parsed. At this point, the example above is properly > expanded to > > 7463. > > However, this is then parsed as the first numbered item of a plain list, > which is then exported as > > 1. > Thanks for the explanation. That does make sense. The MWE was a little example I wanted to document for myself for this new feature. So this example doesn't show a real world use of that macro. IOW, there is not much we can do. You may want to insert a zero-width > space between the macro and the dot. > It just so happened that autofilling ended up with a number followed by a period at the BOL. So I couldn't have planned inserting a zero-width space before the dot. So this makes me think of the use of auto-filling in my regular org files... What if auto-filling happened to create a case like this where a line began with a number immediately followed by a period?! Though ending sentences with a number is rare, I just need to be cautious about this. > -- Kaushal Modi