On Thu, Dec 15, 2022, 4:32 AM Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Johan Bolmsjö writes: > > > #+caption: Caption 1 > > #+begin_src > > foo bar baz > > #+end_src > > There is an inconsistency here between Org parser and > https://orgmode.org/worg/org-syntax.html + manual. > > The actual parser does allow empty lang in src blocks, setting :lang > element property to nil. Should we stop doing this and treat such src > blocks as paragraphs? I think that this would cause more of a surprise to the user when something in a source block exports as a plain paragraph instead of in a
 block
(for HTML exports).

Or should we allow empty lang and instead adapt
> the exporters to treat empty lang correctly?

I vote for this one. Then

#+begin_src
foo
#+end_src