On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 3:19 PM Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > I already answered to this problem. Use \star instead of *. It seems > sub-optimal to prevent any emphasis markup because of a single > problematic character. > OK. > I mean this variable doesn't solve any problem. If one doesn't want Org > syntax to interfere with their contents in any way, then Org mode may > not be the appropriate major mode for the task. > I haven't personally needs to set this variable to nil, so I sort of agree with you. Therefore, I said that, AFAIC, this variable could as well go away. From > my point of view, making it more prominent is counter-productive. > > In the same category, there is `org-export-with-tables'. > Haven't used this one either. > By the way, it is already possible to prevent emphasis in a subtree > export: > > * Subtree > :PROPERTIES: > :EXPORT_OPTIONS: *:nil > :END: > I didn't know that. This solves all the problems. Thanks. -- Kaushal Modi