On Thu, Oct 12, 2017 at 11:35 AM Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > Again, that's the whole point of the change. So, to move discussion > forward, what do you need the zero width space for, in this particular > case? > I do not need zero width space.. I mentioned it and tried it because you said: > IIRC, the change allowed to use zero-width space as a way to escape markup. I believe we have some confusion here. For clarity: I do not plan to use zero-width space for escaping markup. > > Also below does not work. > > > > =title = "foo"​= > > > > (where is the unicode 0x200b inserted for ZERO WIDTH SPACE) > > What "does not work"? What do you want to achieve? > I expect "=title = "foo"​=" to export to `title = "foo"​' as before (using ASCII backend as example as in my first post). Before this change: - =title = "foo"​= got fontified with org-verbatim face - =title = "foo"​= exported to `title = "foo"​ (C-c C-e t A) After this change: - =title = "foo"​= does not get fontified with org-verbatim face (no Org face is applied) - =title = "foo"​= exports to =title = "foo"​= as it is​ (C-c C-e t A) -- Kaushal Modi