Hi all, I got intrigued by this question on emacs.SE: http://emacs.stackexchange.com/q/16915/115 The example that the OP uses reveals a bug (I believe). If you type the below in an org-mode buffer: call the /static/ method =something(/$with/, /$param/)= ​you see that the $with and $param are italicized even when they are surrounded by verbatim markers (doesn't matter what the value of org-emphasis-hide-markers is). The export of that to HTML and LaTeX works fine. ​ ​That led me to try to find a solution to get italicized code/verbatim blocks in HTML/LaTeX exports but I couldn't find a way to do it. ​ -- Kaushal Modi