On Mon, Apr 23, 2018, 5:35 PM Eric Abrahamsen wrote: > > Would there be any consideration for an inline syntax that looks more > like a link? Personally, when I want inline TODOs, I want them because > there's a particular chunk of text that I need to do something with. > What about something that looks like: > > In 2005 there were approximately [[TODO: Verify this; SCHEDULED: > ; :statistics:][4,500]] Confucius Institutes in operation > worldwide. > How would you distinguish between regular links and such inline TODO's when the "link" portion is hidden? Would footnotes serve better? (I'm not a consumer of inline todos (yet?) so consider this suggestion with a grain of salt :)) ===== some text[todo:1] * Inline TODOs (special heading like Footnotes) [todo:1]: My todo ===== > -- Kaushal Modi