* Utility of description lists
@ 2022-06-17 12:47 Cletip Cletip
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Cletip Cletip @ 2022-06-17 12:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode List

Hello to all,
The question is the same as the object, but it can be more detailed with
this question: what are the differences between description lists and other
lists?
After many researches, I can't understand the fundamental difference.
I can see two advantages to using this type of list:
- they are made implicitly to make a "key :: value" couple, which can be
convenient
- they can be useful when exporting: they have a different style than other
lists and can be used for some other things.

For example, with the use of org-roam (or even org-normal), if I want to
export a note with properties containing a link, I can't (the link is badly
exported). You can try with the following document :

:PROPERTIES:
:ID: 20220617115633324937
:SOURCE: [[id:20220617105453042719][Emacs]]
:CITE: [cite:@DifferenceSemantiqueEntre2022]
:END:
#+title: Test Page

- cite :: [cite:@DifferenceSemantiqueEntre2022]
- source :: [[id:20220617105453042719][Emacs]]

* Title and some content after here

Morehover, this type of data can be exploited by the Vulpea library (
https://github.com/d12frosted/vulpea), which could allow to add other
information to each note.

Final question : why do you use description lists and not another ?

PS : Thank you very much in advance for your future response, I discover
this original system to ask questions and I hope not to abuse it by asking
this type of questions ^^