On Wed, Aug 2, 2017, 5:54 PM Eric Abrahamsen wrote: > > I'm trying to locally set `sentence-end-double-space' to t, to conform > to the Emacs manual style. If I set it at the top of the file with: > > -*- sentence-end-double-space: t -*- > It should be the very first line and prefixed with Org comment characters "# ". That line appears in the exported *.texi/*.info files (which I don't > think it should!). > May be you missed out the "# "? How do you all set local variables in Org files to be exported? > I put this at the bottom of each Org file and it works well: ===== * Footnotes * COMMENT Local Variables :ARCHIVE: # Local Variables: # fill-column: 70 # eval: (auto-fill-mode 1) # End: ===== (Pre-adding empty Footnotes section too so that if I add footnotes, the file-end comments don't end up in Footnotes.) > -- Kaushal Modi