I have seen mailing list references like the one below a couple of times. But they have never worked for me. Email clients in browser like gmail/inbox treat them as email addresses. So when I click them, I get a compose window with To: email set to "87oa3gs8tc.fsf@gmx.us". Do such links work only in gnus and such? If so, it would be useful to have a generic usual http format link. Note that even http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2016-09/msg00359.html shows that as: > As mentioned in , some changes to the org-id On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 11:08 AM Adam Porter wrote: > As mentioned in <87oa3gs8tc.fsf@gmx.us>, > -- Kaushal Modi