On Fri, Nov 17, 2017, 6:20 PM Tom Schutter wrote: > But how long will we wait for Emacs 26? > The release is "imminent" as the first pretest is already out. Adding of new features to Emacs 26 has been stopped for a while now. So now only bug fixes and doc improvements happen. I have been building Emacs from emacs-26 branch pretty regularly and it's very stable for my daily use. Pretest download links: For GNU/Linux systems: ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/emacs-26.0.90.tar.xz For Windows: http://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretest/windows/ Try it out! :) > -- Kaushal Modi