On Thu, May 25, 2017, 5:55 AM Sharon Kimble wrote: > > Is it possible to have a buffer showing the headers of a file in a > buffer in a popup window to the left of the main window in org-mode > please? > Yes, there is a package that does that. Check out imenu-list. We already have 'neotree' but that just shows the files in a directory. > What I'm looking for is something like 'Imenu' but in a popup buffer, > Yup, exactly that. which is activated in something like 'M-F8' and displays, and then when > 'M-F8' is used again it closes the popup. M-x imenu-list does that by default. You can bind a key of your choice to that. Ideally, this could be used for any buffer that is being used, whether > its latex, mediawiki, or whatever, although possibly not for gnus. > Yes, this package is generic, for imenu. That said, for the purpose of jumping to headings, I like the newly added counsel-org-goto command added to the counsel package. -- Kaushal Modi