I have attached the updated patch, rebased to master. On Sun, May 28, 2017 at 3:36 AM Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > This is a good idea. We could even display a read-only buffer with the > contents of the document, using new `org-file-contents'. > > Anyway, this can be done in a different patch. > Thanks. I was on the fence about whether I should open the cached file in a read-only buffer.. but then the function was named `org-edit-special'.. the "edit" part. But if you are fine, I can work on that in a different commit. > > +indirectly through a file included using @samp{#+SETUPFILE: > filename/URL} > > filename/URL > file name or URL > > > +@item #+SETUPFILE: file/URL > > file/URL > file name or URL > > > +reset the temporary file cache. Org also parses and loads the file/URL > > file/URL > document > > > +during normal exporting process. Org parses the contents of this > > file/URL as > > file/URL document > > > +buffer for these lines and update the information. Also reset the org > file > > org > Org > Done. > > +(defvar ffap-url-regexp) ;Silence byte-compiler > > I think this can go at the beginning of the "org.el". > Done. > > + ;; Reset the cache of files downloaded by `org-file-contents'. > > + (clrhash org--file-cache)) > > Note that we can still implement a non-interactive > `org-reset-setupfile-cache' function and call it here instead. (clrhash > org--file-cache) may be a bit low level at this point. > Done, except that I named the function org-reset-file-cache as the file cache can be updated by org-file-contents function in general for any file. > Otherwise, LGTM. Would you want to throw in some tests? You can use > cl-letf to bind `url-retrieve-synchronously' to a function returning > a buffer containing some dumb (valid or invalid) output. > Done! I, though used invalid URLs in the test. (If they become valid at some point in distant future (I doubt), then we can update the test :)) -- Kaushal Modi