On Feb 12, 2013 1:31 AM, "Bastien" wrote: > > Hi James, > > James Harkins writes: > > > I'm resending the issue that I reported the other day, now with a > > MCE. > > Sorry for the delay on this -- and thanks for the detailed reports. > > I tried not to get lost in the details actually... so I ended up using > the attached fix. It works here, i.e. C-u C-RET inserts a new heading > at the right place, but I'm not using org-mobile.el so I'm not 100% > sure if it works for you. > > Can you test and confirm? I can, in about a week. I'm traveling, without my laptop (first time in years I've left it at home - phone and tablet only for this trip). I'm creating new entries in MobileOrg on the road. When I get home, I'll apply the patch and see what happens. One concern: When you tested with C-u C-RET, was the point on a hidden headline? The problem only occurs if the current heading is folded up underneath a parent heading. AFAIK cursor movement in org-mode ensures that the point is never on invisible text, which is why I wrote a short lisp function to demonstrate. It seems to me the issue reproduces only when calling org-insert-heading non-interactively, then, so I wanted to check if your test reproduces the problem without the patch. hjh