I remember looking into NixOS years ago and it was very interesting--also looked into "GNU Stow" and it may help you with PATH problems: https://www.gnu.org/software/stow GNU Stow comes with NixOS: https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/tree/master/pkgs/tools/misc/stow On Mon, Mar 28, 2016 at 1:18 PM, Nick Dokos wrote: > Alexey Shmalko writes: > > > Hi! > > > > I use NixOS and ditaa is globally installed. That means I have ditaa > > executable in PATH but no easy way to find a ditaa.jar file. There is > > no way to instruct org-ditaa to use the specified executable (it > > requires java and path to the ditaa jar file). Note also that I don't > > have java in PATH. > > > > I would like org-ditaa to use ditaa executable from the PATH. Same > > goes for org-plantuml. > > > > Does setting org-babel-ditaa-java-cmd to "ditaa" help? Maybe in > combination with setting org-ditaa-jar-path to nil or ""? > > -- > Nick > > >