* Cosmic: Also in my email today is a link to discussion which brought up QEmacs + Fabrice Bellard--and what some of you "[OT] Emacs Org-Mode hackers" may be interested in: a tiny Emacs version called "Mg": ... beagle3 5 days ago: Related: Fabrice Bellard[0]'s QEmacs. http://bellard.org/qemacs/ - a 160KB executable provides a mostly complete Emacs experience (sans scripting .. sort of like Mg), but does include syntax coloring, unicode, and watching video inside the editor. A 60KB stripped down version has a feature set comparable to Mg as far as I can tell. [0] of FFMPEG, QEMU, BPG, TCC, JSLINUX and more fame. ... On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 1:47 PM, briangpowell . wrote: > * Something like this may do what you seek (which isn't clear to me): > > Mx replace-regexp \boc.*\b \bco.*\b > > ** But why you'd do such a thing is a mystery to me--this may be more > useful to you: > > Query Replace > > M-% string newstring > Replace some occurrences of string with newstring. > C-M-% regexp newstring > Replace some matches for regexp with newstring. > > ** Forgive me if you know this already. > > *** But your question is slightly funny to long time Emacs users like > myself because Emacs has been built, piece-by-piece, by thousands of > programmers, to do the most complex editing jobs you can imagine and the > regular expression library is the fastest in the world for "buffers", > "windows" and visual incremental search and replace (as I describe above). > By the way if you have to do search and replace, and you want to do it > visually, I suggest "QEmacs"--made by the same genius who created Qemu > (which is what VirtualBox is based on) and he also broke the record for > calculating the digits of π. I'm talking about Fabrice Bellard--thank God > for him! > > (I recommend QEmacs--just for the fun of it--it has a few amazing > abilities.) > > * Finally, from reading your general [OT]/help me plea: I strongly suggest > you use FlySpell-Mode (in addition to "abbrev" functions that the other > Emacs hackers suggested). > > > > > > > > > > > > > > On Sat, Mar 28, 2015 at 1:17 PM, Ken Mankoff wrote: > >> Maybe key-chord mode could help with this? >> >> -k. >> >> Please excuse brevity. Sent from pocket computer with tiny non-haptic >> feedback keyboard. >> >> > On Mar 28, 2015, at 12:57, "Samuel W. Flint" >> wrote: >> > >> > There's something on endless parentheses that will let you generate a >> correction abbrev with a keystroke. >> > >> > Samuel W. Flint >> > Please forgive any typos as this was composed on a screen keyboard. >> > >> >> On Mar 28, 2015, at 9:19 AM, Matt Price wrote: >> >> >> >> I make a lot of typing errors (I have an injury to one hand, which >> impedes bilateral cooperation). In Libreoffice I am able to define wildcard >> autocorrect objects, e.g.: >> >> >> >> oc.* ---> co.* >> >> >> >> This will correct ocrrect, ocmputer, ocndition, etc. Does anyone know >> a way to do something similar in Emacs? Right now I am using abbrev mode >> and defining my errors one by one -- it is a very slow process since I make >> so many mistakes and have a moderately large vocabulary. >> >> >> >> I am sure this is possible somehow, I just don't know how. >> >> >> >> thanks as always, >> >> m >> >> >> >> >> > >> >> >