I also have a bunch of *.map files in that directory. And am also on Nexus 7 (2013). Oddly, on this tablet Charles and I /don't/' have an sdcard, since there is no physical slot for it. (I assume the directory is so labeled for compatibility, and ---in case it helps--- points to '/storage/emulated/0') You actually have an SD card and get no 'emacs' directory. I wonder if the /emacs directory got installed to another place, or if it somehow didn't get installed at all. I'll revoke my "bug fixed" comment on the bug I filed on the developers' bug tracker , and reference this conversation. Oddly, just now that server is unreachable to me. I did just send a short note on their web-contact form , where you can also find their IRC channel, if you want to contact them. I have since had a little more trouble with org-mode on Zhaolin using 16pt font. (odd cursor jump after column 70). I don't seem to have the problem with 20pt font (which limits the terminal size). Please scold me if HTML email and links are unwelcome. I haven't been active on this list in a few years, and forget the protocol. I hope this eventually works well. I may try a full linux as instead, but org-mode on non-rooted Android is useful. Scot On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 6:28 PM, Carsten Dominik wrote: > > On 24.10.2013, at 18:22, Charles Philip Chan wrote: > > > Carsten Dominik writes: > > > > Hi Carsten: > > > >> 0.7.1, and to problem is still present. > > > > Strange, what happens when you do a: > > > > ,---- > > | ls /sdcard/emacs/etc/charsets > > `---- > > Not even the emacs directory on the sdcard exists. And yes, I *do* have > an sdcard... > Reinstalling dos not work. > > - Carsten > > > > > I see a list of charsets files (files with extension .map) on my > > Nexus 7. If you don't see them, try reinstalling the system to see if it > > helps. > > > > Charles > > > > -- > > "However, complexity is not always the enemy." > > > > -- Larry Wall (Open Sources, 1999 O'Reilly and Associates) > >