* babel: setting :cmdline header arg for sql blocks
@ 2013-01-30 23:25 Gary Oberbrunner
From: Gary Oberbrunner @ 2013-01-30 23:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

To run mysql code in org-mode (which by the way is pretty incredible that
this works at all, and so beautifully, especially since I'm on Windows), I
have to have a long header:

#+BEGIN_SRC sql :exports both :results value :engine mysql :cmdline -h
XXX.YYY.XXX.YYY -u user -ppassword -D database

I'd like to put all those flags in one place so I only need to say
#+BEGIN_SRC sql (and maybe the exports/results).   If I put them in
PROPERTY tags at the end of the buffer:

#+PROPERTY: exports both
#+PROPERTY: results value
#+PROPERTY: engine mysql
#+PROPERTY: cmdline -h XXX.YYY.XXX.YYY -u user -ppassword -D database

then exporting no longer works, I presume because the exporter doesn't like
:cmdline or :exports or :results or something else about me setting these
globally.

Is there a way to set them for sql blocks only?  Or some kind of macro I
can use to tidy up my sql blocks?

(I'm running recent git org-mode from a couple of weeks ago, Emacs
24.3.50.1, Windows)

--
Gary

* Re: babel: setting :cmdline header arg for sql blocks
@ 2013-02-03 22:47 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2013-02-03 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Gary Oberbrunner <garyo@oberbrunner.com> writes:

> To run mysql code in org-mode (which by the way is pretty incredible that
> this works at all, and so beautifully, especially since I'm on Windows), I
> have to have a long header:
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC sql :exports both :results value :engine mysql :cmdline -h
> XXX.YYY.XXX.YYY -u user -ppassword -D database
>
> I'd like to put all those flags in one place so I only need to say
> #+BEGIN_SRC sql (and maybe the exports/results).   If I put them in
> PROPERTY tags at the end of the buffer:
>
> #+PROPERTY: exports both
> #+PROPERTY: results value
> #+PROPERTY: engine mysql
> #+PROPERTY: cmdline -h XXX.YYY.XXX.YYY -u user -ppassword -D database
>
> then exporting no longer works, I presume because the exporter doesn't like
> :cmdline or :exports or :results or something else about me setting these
> globally.
>
> Is there a way to set them for sql blocks only?  Or some kind of macro I
> can use to tidy up my sql blocks?
>
> (I'm running recent git org-mode from a couple of weeks ago, Emacs
> 24.3.50.1, Windows)

You could customize the `org-babel-default-header-args:sql' variable.

Cheers,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte