From: Gary Oberbrunner <garyo@oberbrunner.com>
To: Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com>
Cc: Eric Abrahamsen <eric@ericabrahamsen.net>,
Subject: Re: Org-mode as a metalanguage: calling SQL "functions"
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2013 22:54:14 -0400	[thread overview]

Aha -- you have to use the :var syntax on the begin_src line, not the
params-in-parens syntax on the name line.  Your version works:

#+name: example-block
#+begin_src sh :var input=""
  echo "input is $input"
#+end_src

but this doesn't:

#+name: example-block(input="")
#+begin_src sh
  echo "input is $input"
#+end_src

The doc seems to say it should work the same, in
http://orgmode.org/manual/var.html (see "Alternate Argument Syntax").

--
Gary