Just solved it with this in the org-mode file @@html:

@@my text here@@html:

@@ after adding this to css file p.myindent { text-indent: 0em; } On Fri, Oct 18, 2024 at 10:52 AM Laurence von Bottorff wrote: > I would like to temporarily suspend a CSS rule on an org-mode export to > html. I have various CSS things going on in my export settings. Finally, > I'm overruling the basic html export behavior with this > > #+HTML_HEAD: > > which is specific to my ox-tufte > html export in order to achieve a not-included "literary" book paragraph > look, i.e., paragraph has first line indented, paragraphs have no gap. > However, I would like to suspend the indentation only once in a while > throughout the document for specific paragraphs, e.g., a first paragraph of > a chapter -- but just for that paragraph. However, if I do an inline > somewhere in the text, e.g., > > @@@@The sheep and their > Cumbrians, an age-old partnership, together since the ancient Norsemen > brought the hardy Herdwick breed to the high and lonely Lake District... > > this changes *all* paragraphs to no indentation everywhere top to bottom. > And reversing this at the end of the paragraph back to 2em just changes > everything everywhere back to 2em. So how can I do a temporary suspension > of the indentation for one paragraph and then turn it back on? > -- > ⨽ > Lawrence Bottorff > Grand Marais, MN, USA > borgauf@gmail.com > -- ⨽ Lawrence Bottorff Grand Marais, MN, USA borgauf@gmail.com