I've got an org file with Latex math markup, e.g. $x_2/y^3$. When I export this to HTML, it produces png files for each markup and puts them in a subfolder ltximg. Is there any way to skip this translating to pictures and just use MathJax directly. I've seen this , but my setup seems to be defaulted to png picture production, not direct MathJax rendering via " http://cdn.mathjax.org/mathjax/latest/MathJax.js?config=TeX-AMS_HTML. I understand that what's happening is this , but that's not MathJax. What am I doing (thinking) wrong? LB