I thought I understood "metaprogramming," i.e., creating generic code blocks that can be called by any other code block regardless of programming language -- but apparently I don't. I have this #+name: my-random-gen #+header: :var n=0 :var lim=0 #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp (loop repeat n collect (random* lim)) #+END_SRC and I have the variables initialized to zero. But now I don't know how to call it with another code block. I've tried various versions of this #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp my-random-gen(5 1.0) #+END_SRC and this various versions of this #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :var results=my-random-gen() :var n=5 :var lim=1.0 results #+END_SRC to no avail. What am I missing? How can I actually use, call my-random-gen in other code blocks? LB