My mistake, I misread, thanks for the correction Robert. FWIW I also am unable to reproduce on 9.1.14 I would still suggest using C-c C-d with . as it seems like a simpler workflow. On Tue, Sep 18, 2018 at 10:32 AM Robert Pluim wrote: > Kevin Foley writes: > > > The issue is once you use C-u C-c C-d to remove the deadline with your > > point on the same line as the deadline, that line is removed and the > point > > stays in the same place. That means point is now on Task 2 so calling > > `org-deadline' there will apply to Task 2. > > > > I believe the C-u C-c C-d is being done from the agenda buffer, not > the org buffer, so the agenda should be able to keep track of the task > location. > > Having said that, Iʼve not been able to reproduce this with Org 9.1.14 > > Robert > -- Thanks, Kevin Foley