* the tangled web of org-cite, selectrum, completing-read, ...
@ 2021-10-19 16:30 Eric S Fraga
From: Eric S Fraga @ 2021-10-19 16:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello all,

TL;DR: how can I format the suggestions listed by selectrum when I ask
to insert a citation with org-cite-insert?

Longer version: I use selectrum a my completion engine together with
marginalia.  This works very well for most selections I wish to
make.  However, for org-cite, the display has the author list truncated
(to 25 characters; screenshot image attached, assuming it doesn't get
removed by the mailing list server) and the search only appears to
consider the truncated text.  The result is that if I am looking for a
paper by an author (say Kitchin ;-)) who is not one of the first few
authors on a particular publication, I won't be able to find that
particular publication (sorry John).

I have no idea which bit of the tool chain does the
formatting/truncation or whether I can make the search ignore the
truncated information.  I hope somebody has some suggestions.  I started
looking at bibtex-completions, which does mention org-cite (at least in
the most recent version), but none of the configuration suggestions
seems to have any effect.

Any pointers welcome!

Thank you,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga via Emacs 28.0.60, Org release_9.5-149-g781080
: Latest paper written in org: https://arxiv.org/abs/2106.05096