On Mon, Apr 18, 2022, 5:08 AM Ihor Radchenko wrote: > John Kitchin writes: > > >> In contrast, [cite/citet*:@key] is likely to be used fairly frequently > >> and has much higher chance to break things. > > > > > > We have had a citet*:key link (and all the other * variants) for a long > > time in org-ref, with no reported issues I can recall. > > I respect your experience in this regard. If the discussed issue is > uncommon in practice, we may simply provide citet* and similar styles + > fallback citet*/ as an alias. The citet* will be the default while > citet*/ may be suggested, say, by org-lint if we add a new checker for > this. > Just to clarify, I don't believe the discussion is to add such styles to the included org-cite processors (which already support such functionality), but rather to allow it, for example for third party ones; say a hypothetical org-ref one. Bruce > P.S. Thinking more about org-lint, I imagine that it could be a good > practice to run org-lint before every export. For example, it can save > people from a common problem with handling broken links during export. > > Best, > Ihor >