On Fri, May 28, 2021 at 3:59 PM Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > > "Bruce D'Arcus" writes: > > > Beyond requiring oc-basic (or any other "activate" processor), do I > > need to do anything more to "use" it? > > You need to associate it to the "active" capability: > > (setq org-cite-activate-processor 'basic) > > (or with a file-local variable). > > > So then it might be ideal to have oc-csl be such an extensible > > "activate" processor then? > > It could be a good basis. > > > From what John has said here, it's likely to be quite awhile before we > > see an org-ref rewritten for org-cite. > > Maybe it provides interface we could write a thin wrapper with, and plug > it into the activate function. What would "it" be here? Org-ref, or pieces of it? In any case, I was thinking previewing of some sort would be valuable initially, and as Andras noted, citeproc-el is well-positioned to provide that. But it would be natural to potentially want to enhance that functionality later, as your mention of "extensibility" suggests. I do in general imagine that org-cite will provide a foundation for smaller packages that can enhance the functionality in flexible ways; not so much large monolithic packages, even if those are also possible.