I had a set of three capture templates for memos, a number of years ago. It was very convenient. A letter is usually pretty much the same thing. I don't even know whether I have the original templates around anymore; it should be pretty easy to implement. IMHO, easier than dealing with all of the header materials you are describing. I think, anyway. Two files were invoked: a header and a tail. Then there were capture template interactively filled addressee and whatever else. One had a letterhead. It was, admittedly, a kludge. A kludge that worked and saved a lot of time. For memos it's maybe more sensible, as they are quick one-offs, for the most part. Alan Davis On Fri, Feb 18, 2022 at 9:03 AM Michael Eliachevitch < m.eliachevitch@posteo.de> wrote: > Hi Arne, > > > Alternatively add a capture-template that creates a letter. Then M-x > > org-capture L (or such) would create a new letter prefilled with > > everything you typically need. > > Thanks, weird I didn't think of it. Capture templates are awesome and > powerful. Mostly I use them for some tasks, notes and journalling-type > entries, not for long-form writing. But as a letters are usually short and > writting in one session, capture-templates seem a good fit. > > Cheers, Michael > > -- > Michael Eliachevitch > Public PGP Key: > https://keyoxide.org/hkp/546908c782383ad0e7d894ec1b8f95c8125dce31 > > -- "As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we *should be glad of an opportunity to serve others* by any invention of ours, and this we should do freely and generously." ---Benjamin Franklin "This ignorance about the limits of the earth's ability to absorb pollutants should be reason enough for caution in the release of polluting substances." ---Meadows et al. 1972. Limits to Growth . (p. 81)