Thanks for this answer. Unfortunately it didn't work for me. But when I have more time I will investigate further. This gives me a hint as to what (next-single-property-change (point-min) 'org-habit-p)) does and the environment it assumes. bjb On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 11:29 PM, Josiah Schwab wrote: > Hello Brenda, > > > When I started using org-mode from elpa, the habit consistency graph > > stopped showing. I was using a version of org-mode that comes with > > debian before, with emacs 23 and the graph showed. > > When I upgraded to org 8.3, my org-habits did not display correctly, > because the PROPERTY drawer where the habit style was indicated came > after the LOGBOOK in my org files. > > After using org-repair-property-drawers > > http://orgmode.org/Changes.html > > my habits returned to their previous appearance. > > Hope that helps, > Josiah > >