ah, I failed to mention my version number -- 9.6.15 (which ships with Emacs 29.3). If it's complete in the latest version, then that's great -- I can wait for the future to come to me. Peter On Mon, Jul 22, 2024 at 6:43 AM Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Peter Mao writes: > > > The docstrings for org-metadown and org-metaup (and maybe other > > context-dependent commands) should reference the corresponding hooks, > > org-metadown-hook and org-metaup-hook. > > But they do? > > org-metadown is an interactive and natively compiled function defined > in org-edit-special.el. > > Signature > (org-metadown &optional ARG) > > Documentation > ... > > This function runs the functions in org-metadown-hook one by > one as a first step, and exits immediately if a function from the > hook returns non-nil. In the absence of a specific context, the > function runs org-metadown-final-hook using the same logic. > > -- > Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, > Org mode contributor, > Learn more about Org mode at . > Support Org development at , > or support my work at >