hi everybody, I teach programming and I have been using org-mode for a couple years to do it. I absolutely love it. Lately I have been thinking that I would like to be able to draw on the source code using xournal (using a tablet) To do that, I need to generate a pdf. But I don't want to generate the PDF of the entire file, just of the block I am currently positioned at. I wrote the following code, but it feels clumsy, and I am not a very good emacs-lisp programmer. I put it together by extracting code here and there. Is there a better way to run ps-print-buffer (or ps-print-region) on the current block? I am currently using the :tangle parameter as a filename to be created (adding the extension .ps) the script I am running takes the postscript file, generate a pdf, and then runs xournal on it. thank you in advance for any suggestions, (defun org-src-xournal () "show the source code in xournal as a PDF" (interactive) (save-restriction (save-excursion (let* ((case-fold-search t) (tangle-file (or (cdr (assq :tangle (nth 2 (org-babel-get-src-block-info 'light)))) (user-error "Point is not in a source code block or it does not have a tangle name"))) (blockp (org-between-regexps-p "^[ \t]*#\\+begin_.*" "^[ \t]*#\\+end_.*")) (ps-file (concat tangle-file ".ps")) ) (message "Exporting: %s" ps-file) (if blockp (let ((block-start (progn (goto-char (car blockp)) (next-line) (point) )) (block-end (progn (goto-char (cdr blockp)) (previous-line) (point) )) ) (narrow-to-region block-start block-end)) (user-error "Not in a block")) (ps-print-buffer-with-faces ps-file) (shell-command (concat "code-xournal " ps-file "&")) ) ))) -- --dmg --- Daniel M. German http://turingmachine.org