From: Peter Salazar <cycleofsong@gmail.com>
To: John Hendy <jw.hendy@gmail.com>,
	Richard Lawrence <richard.lawrence@berkeley.edu>,
	Rasmus <rasmus@gmx.us>
Cc: org-mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: heading numbering in LaTeX export?
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2013 18:51:11 -0400	[thread overview]

Thanks for the responses!

John: Oh yes, of course. Sorry about that. inimal org file and config files
are here. I had to make the org file long enough to make several pages, so
the header displays. Here you go:
https://github.com/petersalazar/org-troubleshooting

Rasmus: #+OPTIONS: num:0 is what I started from. When I do that, the
resulting PDF has no Table of Contents, and the header displays the section
title as "Contents."

The same thing happens with #+LATEX: \setcounter{secnumdepth}{0}.

Richard: Your idea about
#+LATEX_HEADER: \renewcommand{...}

sounds very promising! I'd love to know what the exact command is!

I don't need section numbers ever, so my desire is to turn off numbering
forever, but still have an intact Table of Contents and header.

Thanks guys!