* bug#41325: 27.0.91; org-mode key binding conflicts with tab-bar-mode
       [not found] ` <87r1vj32ze.fsf@mail.linkov.net>
@ 2020-05-24  7:25   ` Bastien
       [not found]     ` <CADwFkmmsJAVGCrHmm_mZk0sdSHyLWKB+be9LqLd21ULZmX2JpQ__6726.64922183088$1598229514$gmane$org@mail.gmail.com>
       [not found]   ` <CADwFkmkNrGf2uS9=eJg2Mu+Ob87412+-UB30+nAyjgLFoMn44w@mail.gmail.com>
From: Bastien @ 2020-05-24  7:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juri Linkov; +Cc: 41325, Lars Ljung

Hi,

Thanks for the report, this should indeed be fixed.

I suggest that Org binds C-M-TAB instead of C-TAB.

I will bring this suggestion to the orgmode list.

--
 Bastien

* bug#41325: 27.0.91; org-mode key binding conflicts with tab-bar-mode
       [not found]     ` <87d072i5da.fsf@mail.linkov.net>
@ 2020-05-24  7:28       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-05-24  7:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juri Linkov; +Cc: 41325, Lars Ljung, Stefan Kangas

Hi Juri,

Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net> writes:

>>> Indeed, it seems C-TAB is a less frequently used keybinding in org-mode,
>>> so it could be disabled by org-mode when tab-bar-mode is active.
>>
>> Personally, I never use it.  But it's likely that other users will have
>> a very different experience.
>>
>> Maybe we should contact the org-mode developers to hear what they think
>> about changing the key binding?
>
> I thought that org-mode developers read this bug list?

FWIW, I do read this list in my free time.  If something requires an
urgent attention, don't hesitate to CC my email address of course.

 Bastien

* bug#41325: 27.0.91; org-mode key binding conflicts with tab-bar-mode
@ 2020-08-24  0:37     ` Stefan Kangas
From: Stefan Kangas @ 2020-08-24  0:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: 41325, Lars Ljung, Juri Linkov

Hi Bastien,

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the report, this should indeed be fixed.
>
> I suggest that Org binds C-M-TAB instead of C-TAB.
>
> I will bring this suggestion to the orgmode list.

(That was 13 weeks ago.)

Did you find any resolution to this problem?  Will you rebind the key?
Thanks.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas

@ 2020-09-04 16:03       ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-09-04 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Stefan Kangas; +Cc: 41325, Lars Ljung, Juri Linkov

Hi Stefan,

Stefan Kangas <stefan@marxist.se> writes:

> Did you find any resolution to this problem?  Will you rebind the
> key?

Yes, the new binding is C-c C-TAB since June in Org master branch.

See https://orgmode.org/list/87367f7xax.fsf@bzg.fr/

FWIW, since it's a breaking change, it is also listed here:
https://updates.orgmode.org

Best,

--
 Bastien

* bug#41325: 27.0.91; org-mode key binding conflicts with tab-bar-mode
@ 2020-09-04 16:34         ` Stefan Kangas
From: Stefan Kangas @ 2020-09-04 16:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: 41325, Lars Ljung, Juri Linkov

close 41325 28.1
thanks

Hi Bastien,

Bastien <bzg@gnu.org> writes:

>> Did you find any resolution to this problem?  Will you rebind the
>> key?
>
> Yes, the new binding is C-c C-TAB since June in Org master branch.

OK, thanks for reporting back.

Users bothered by this should presumably either install a recent version
of Org mode or wait until it is packaged and released with Emacs 28.
I'm therefore closing the Emacs bug now.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas