On Mon, 7 Feb 2022 at 10:55, Ihor Radchenko wrote: > > What are the recommended ways to abort org-export-dispatch without > > letting it destroy the "*Org Export Dispatcher*" window and its > > buffer? > > You cannot. That window acts similarly to transient, but simpler. You > can think of *Org Export Disipatcher* as an extended help for > read-char-exclusive. > > Best, > Ihor > Hi Ihor, What do you mean by "you cannot"? I was expecting an answer like this: That's difficult to do, but the temporary buffer is generated by the function `org-foo-bar'... you can try to make a copy of `org-foo-bar' called `org-foo-bar-hacked-version', add your own debugging functions to that copy - suggestion: the lines 42 and 99 are good places for that - and then you can change the function `org-plic-ploc', that is called by `org-export-dispatch', to make it call `org-foo-bar-hacked-version' instead of `org-foo-bar'... One possible meaning of "you cannot" is: Org is NOT MEANT to be explored in that way, and this "is not meant to" is in a very strong sense. The last time that a person gave technical information of that kind in the mailing list was 4 or 5 years ago, and we banished her from the community and excommunicated her. Her name shall not be mentioned. Frustrated cheers =(, Eduardo Ochs http://angg.twu.net/#eev