* MobileOrg and other tools
@ 2019-08-18 11:40 Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2019-08-18 11:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode list

does anyone know if the MobileOrg apps for both iOS and Android are still
supported, and by who?

I know that Orgzly is actively supported and in excellent shape.  But I
don't know about MobileOrg or Syncorg for that matter, or any other similar
tools.

Does anyone have an overview over all these implementations and their
status?

Thanks.

Carsten

* Re: MobileOrg and other tools
@ 2019-08-18 12:12 ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2019-08-18 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: org-mode list

* Carsten Dominik <dominik@uva.nl> [2019-08-18 13:41]:
> does anyone know if the MobileOrg apps for both iOS and Android are still
> supported, and by who?

I prefer that MobileOrg options are removed from Org menu in
Emacs. Just my opinion. It is not necessary.

> I know that Orgzly is actively supported and in excellent shape.  But I
> don't know about MobileOrg or Syncorg for that matter, or any other similar
> tools.

I prefer no such options to be in Org menu, but people can make
packages and support it separately.

> Does anyone have an overview over all these implementations and their
> status?

I just know that for me longer time MobileOrg is not accessible on
F-droid.org and I could not update it, and also was not usable
application. Orgzly is much better, but it is not Org as on Emacs. It
gives some compatibility.

Jean Louis

* Re: MobileOrg and other tools
@ 2020-02-04  8:41   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2020-02-04  8:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Louis; +Cc: Carsten Dominik, org-mode list

Hi Jean,

Jean Louis <bugs@gnu.support> writes:

> * Carsten Dominik <dominik@uva.nl> [2019-08-18 13:41]:
>> does anyone know if the MobileOrg apps for both iOS and Android are still
>> supported, and by who?
>
> I prefer that MobileOrg options are removed from Org menu in
> Emacs. Just my opinion. It is not necessary.

Agreed.  From master, the Mobile menu entry is only displayed when
the 'org-mobile feature is explicitely required by the user.

 Bastien

* Re: MobileOrg and other tools
@ 2020-02-04 10:33 ` Toon Claes
From: Toon Claes @ 2020-02-04 10:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: org-mode list

https://beorgapp.com for iOS is actively developed and in a great shape.

--
Toon

* Re: MobileOrg and other tools
@ 2020-02-04 16:51   ` Bob Newell
From: Bob Newell @ 2020-02-04 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode list

I'm not going to be critical of either MobileOrg or Orgzly, which are
the way to go if you want a dedicated app. But I much prefer going to
the trouble of setting up a Termux environment, which allows Emacs to
run in a very close to native term mode on any Android device.

I combine this with an rsync service and I have my working environment
on two Linux desktops, three Linux laptops and three Android devices,
including my phone.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i