On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 11:39 AM, Rasmus wrote: > Carsten Dominik writes: > > >> I believe this change was made to fix the case of mixed numbered and > >> unnumbered headings in the TOC. > >> > >> Please see the other thread[1] where I suggest supporting the "case 3" > >> where we want TOC where all headings are numbered i.e. the case of > num:nil. > > > > This would address my main concern and make it usable, yes. > > > > It is another question if the association of unnumbered and not > toc-listed > > is a useful one in general. The cleanest would be to have properties > like > > NO_TOC_LISTING and NOT_NUMBERED or so to allow local control. Conflating > > it with the global switches I find a bit confusing. > > AFAIK NOT_NUMBERED is the UNNUMBERED property. > > To support an UNNUMBERED and "UNTOCED" entry in ox-latex /in general/, we > would need to have something like KOMA-Script’s \addsec. Alternatively, > one can manually add \addcontentsline{toc}{LEVEL}{NAME}, but these are not > indented (see https://tex.stackexchange.com/a/212439/3878). Also, headers > aren’t updated, though this is less of a concern. > > Otherwise, this can only be archived by setting the secnumdepth counter to > a sufficiently low value (say 0 for unnumbered chapters) in which case > everything below that number is also unnumbered. > Hi Rasmus, yes, I am aware that LaTeX does use unnumbered for this, but this is backend specific implementation, and not an argument about the logic of this approach. Carsten > > Rasmus > > -- > I almost cut my hair, it happened just the other day > > >