Is there a volunteer who would like to help creating a package for constants.el? I don't have experience creating packages.... - Carsten On Sun, Aug 4, 2024 at 8:49 PM Ihor Radchenko wrote: > Carsten Dominik writes: > > >> > Yes, this is stable, and I am still maintaining it. > >> > >> Thanks for chiming in :) > >> Have you considered publishing constants.el as GNU/non-GNU ELPA package? > >> > > > > I have not yet considered that. I think this package ha only few users. > > Am I wrong about that? > > Maybe, maybe not. But I think that it may be the chicken-and-egg problem > - constants.el may be not used because it is not available in the > package repositories. > > I am asking mostly because Org mode declares support of constants.el in > the manual: > > ‘constants.el’ by Carsten Dominik > > Org can use names for constants in formulas in tables. Org can > also use calculation suffixes for units, such as ‘M’ for ‘Mega’. > For a standard collection of such constants, install the > ‘constants’ package. Install version 2.0 of this package, > available at . > Org checks if the function ‘constants-get’ has been autoloaded. > Installation instructions are in the file ‘constants.el’. > > ... and it would be nice to have it available via the usual M-x > package-install. > > I also see no reason why this package would not be accepted - it is a > useful package, especially when it can be installed without efforts. > > -- > Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, > Org mode contributor, > Learn more about Org mode at . > Support Org development at , > or support my work at >