Hi MIchael, the automatic reset of the starting date for a second time stamp on works if the command `org-time-stamp' is invoked twice in direct succession. So if you press `C-c .' to insert a time stamp, and then you press it immediately again, the magic will take its course. This is probably the situation that you remember. However, if you use %T in a template, then `last-command' is `org-capture', and the time stamp command does not know that you are making a range. I could, by looking back and finding <...>-- , but that is not implemented. You might be better off Using an empty template and then inserting both time stamps with `C-c .' - which will make it easy to also directly choose the starting date. Carsten On Tue, Apr 4, 2017 at 9:00 AM, Michael Welle wrote: > Hello, > > the subject is a bit fuzzy, so let me depict an example use case: > creating an appointment for a multi-day conference. I use a capture > template with the placeholder %T for that (I use the same template for > single day appts, which occur more often.). Then I adjust the inserted > time stamp, add --, press C-. and add the second time stamp. > > So far, good. The itching point is that the calendar view for the second > time stamp starts today, again, not at the date of the first time stamp. > I can dimly remember -or I think I do ;)- that that was different in the > past, maybe with a different template. Any ideas for a 'grey ointment' > that stops the itching? > > Regards > hmw > >